We like to involve the children in every way possible and that includes giving them a voice to give their opinions and ideas. Each class meets termly to suggest ideas about projects, fund raising activities or ways we can improve school.
There are elected children in each class who sit on the school council. They will then share each classes ideas at school council meetings. We also have a Chair, Vice Chair, treasurer and secretary who are elected from Year 6. In order to be elected the children write a speech that they present to their class. There is then a class vote to choose the school council members.
The school council are actively involved in many activities in school.
Through listening carefully and respecting the right of every individual to have their opinions and voices heard, we are teaching the children the British value of Democracy. The process of election also reflects the British electoral system. We will also be focusing on environmental issues with eco members of the school council.
Letters to Mrs Littlewood and the school governors
All of the children in school have written a letter about the things they love about our school and areas they would like us to improve. These are their super ideas.
Things we love about our school
- Lunchtimes. We have loads of activities to do
- Our amazing outdoor area. We have a mud kitchen, den building, reading corner and other fun activities.
- I like the art lessons.
- We have amazing trips. I particularly liked Robinwood.
- I love the displays they help with our learning.
- We have fun clubs.
- I love the trim trail, Ipads and teachers!
- I am proud of our school, staff and governors.
- I like our playleaders.
- I like that we can choose our dinners.
- We have good friends that cheer us up.
- We have great fayres, sports days and discos.
- We have outstanding equipment.
- We have things to show off our talents like Coupe Green’s Got Talent and our end of year show.
- We have well mannered children.
- PE is good fun.
- We have fantastic staff as your enter our school.
- Everybody is kind and polite.
- I love the ‘theme’ days when we dress up.
- Kind teachers.
Things that we would like to improve
- More games for indoor play.
- Extend the trim trail.
- Re paint some of the markings on the playground.
- More film nights.